The Selection Criteria Coach
- The 5 steps to writing selection criteria - a step by step guide
- 8 principles that make the best written applications
- How every selection criteria will fit into one of 5 categories and how each of these categories should be addressed
- The 29 most common selection criteria and how you should attack them
- The number one mistake applicants make that will rule them out straight away
- Top selection panel complaints about applicants' selection criteria
- Strategies for eliminating writers block
- How to unravel the mystery of capability frameworks, people frameworks and competency statements
- Proof reading checklist
- Examples of winning statements addressing selection criteria
- Selection criteria template
Selection Criteria Secrets from a Government Recruiter
As a professional government recruiter who sits on selection panels every week, I have written The Selection Criteria Coach, to help you quickly and easily write the best possible selection criteria that you can without spending hours stressing over your application or having to pay someone else to do it for you.
I've assessed over 15,000 statements against selection criteria and I know what works and what doesn't work and I know that it really isn't that hard to write convincing selection criteria that can win you the position you want, and I am going to show you how.
I've been in your shoes. I know what it's like to spend hours trying to write selection criteria. The guide The Selection Criteria Coach is not only based on my own personal experience as an applicant and on selection panels, but I've also interviewed hundreds of selection panels in the major government departments across Australia about their opinions of the best selection criteria to provide you with the most specific and relevant information possible - straight from the other side of the table, to you!
If you are content to spend hours putting together your own selection criteria that will look just like every body else's please don't read on. This guide is only for those who are serious about putting together exceptional responses to selection criteria that will get them an interview.
This Selection Criteria Book Will Teach You...
- How to write an application even if its due by the end of today
- How to get started straight away even if you don't know what to write about
- How to have impressively written selection criteria even if you don't have good writing skills
- How to get an interview for a job where your application has failed in the past
- How to compile an application like a pro even if you've never applied for a government job before
- How to land that promotion once and for all
- How to write powerful and convincing selection criteria with minimal effort (because this book has already done most of the work for you!)
Selection Criteria Success Stories
After buying and using The Selection Criteria Coach I have just been successful in gaining a position with the Customs Department. Just thought I would let you know that you can add another success story to your list.
I followed your 5 steps exactly and ended up with an application that I'm very proud of. I never would have known how to start without this advice. Now is the long wait to see if I get an interview. Alison
This is the first time I have ever attempted a government job application, and I have to tell you that I was really confused when I first started. Your book The Selection Criteria Coach made it really straight forward. Robert
Who would have guessed that writing selection criteria could be so easy? Not me! Lol! I was very skeptical but bought the ebook anyway, what did I have to lose? Turns out I got myself an interview with it. Thanks! Catriona
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
I am so convinced that you will find value in The Selection Criteria Coach, and that it will give you selection criteria statements worthy of an interview, that I am offering a
money back guarantee. If the ebook doesn't help you, get your money back. It's that easy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via the details below, or through the contact page.
How to Buy
Be using your ebook in less than 10 minutes!
Our automated system serves you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. Order your ebook.
2. Check your email
3. Download your publication!
Easy! If you do have any problems, just send us an email and we'll give you a hand.
Please note: This is an electronic publication and you will not receive a hard copy in the mail.
Table of Contents
How Your Application Will Be Assessed
The Merit Principle
The Top Five Job Search Mistakes
The Different Ways you Might be Assessed
What to do Before Applying
How to Effectively Research the Position
Using the Contact Officer to your Advantage
Questions to ask a Contact Officer
The Written Application
Why is it so Hard to Write a Job Application?
What are Selection Criteria?
How to Address Selection Criteria
The Different Types of Selection Criteria and how to Respond to Them
Skills and Abilities
Five Step Selection Criteria
Why You Should Put the Criterion into Context
How to Make Sense of a Criterion
Deciphering the Criterion Worksheet
Making your Mind Maps and Lists Meaningful
Taking an Inventory of What You Have to Offer
Creating a Skills Inventory Worksheet
Problems with the STAR, CAR and PAR Approaches
How to Proofread Your Selection Criteria
Structuring Your Statements Against Selection Criteria
What to do When Criteria Are Weighted
What Are Work Level Standards?
Selection Criteria Myths
Critique of Poorly Written Selection Criteria
Top Selection Panel Complaints About Responses to Selection Criteria
Selection Criteria Tools
Strategies for Using Examples
Selection Criteria Template
Common Criteria and How to Attack Them
Ability to Work as an Individual
Attention to Detail
Communication skills - oral
Communication skills - written
Decision Making Ability
Equity and Diversity
Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements
Leadership / People Management Abilities
Occupational Health and Safety
Organisational Ability /Prioritising / Time Management Skills
Personal Drive and Integrity
Productive Working Relationships (Developing and Maintaining)
Action Words for Use in Your Application
Selection Criteria Starters
Examples of Good Statements Against Selection Criteria
Selection Criteria Checklist
Following Jane: See How Jane uses the 5 Step Strategy
Work Level Standards
The Value of Professional application Writers