Selection Criteria Exposed
Rated 4.4/5 based on 55 customer reviews
- Answers 200 of the most common advertised government selection criteria and core capabilities
- Cut and paste attention grabbing, expertly worded sentences, phrases and paragraphs
- Never wonder what your selection criteria should look like again
- Full selection criteria examples, half to three quarters of a page each (the total book is just over 150,000 words / 532 A4 pages
- Includes real selection criteria written by professional resume writers and marketing experts that have won people jobs
- Vetted by a senior government recruiter and selection panel coach
- Covers a range of competencies and is suitable for all occupations
- This is an ebook available for instant download onto computer, tablet or smartphone
200 of the Most Common Government
The Ultimate Government Application Guide
The Ultimate Government Application Guide
No matter what kind of position you are applying for. No matter what level it is at.
These selection criteria examples have been selected from thousands of criteria written by recruitment experts, professional writers, marketing experts and people who have won real jobs.
All of the examples in 'Selection Criteria Exposed' have been reviewed by government selection panels and judged as being the benchmark for what high performing selection criteria should look like.
Give yourself an advantage over the other applicants.
Save time and have your application stand out.
Has This Happened to You?
You find a job you are interested in, get all excited, look at the selection documentation and know you could do the job, already have a resume that you could send in, start writing the selection criteria ... and get stuck.
So many people begin like that. They find the dream job, imagine themselves in the position, know they could do it, get excited about the promotion and higher salary package, have a resume already to go, get ready to write their selection criteria but can't start because they don't know how to go about it or don't finish because it all gets too hard. Maybe you cut and paste from an old application in the hopes that you can get it to fit into these new selection criteria. Maybe you talk to a friend and get some suggestions, or take a look at one of their old applications. What ends up happening is that you waste so much time looking for the magic answer to your selection criteria woes, that you don't get anything written.
It doesn't have to be this way.
Save time and get your stand out application finished
You can download this publication immediately and be using it in less than 10 minutes!
Why Selection Criteria Exposed is the Best Resource for Your Next
Government Job Application:
- Because government departments use this ebook to train their own staff
- Because selection criteria writers use it to write selection criteria for their clients
- Because it has been reviewed by a government selection panel who knows what makes the best selection criteria
- Because thousands of applicants have used it and been successful in securing a government job.
- Because it comes with a money back guarantee!
A Look Inside...
Updated in 2021, the 4th edition of Selection Criteria Exposed now has OVER 200 examples.
Over 200 Selection Criteria Examples.
- 195 examples of traditional selection criteria statements: one page to three quarters of a page of written claims addressing each selection criteria.
- 80 examples of short selection criteria with a 250-word limit: some of these have been condensed from their full-length counterpart so you can see how to condense or expand your statements depending upon the application requirements.
1 & 2 page statements of claims - NEW in this edition
- Examples of 1 & 2 page statements of claims.
- When selection criteria need to be written within a cover letter,
- When you need write a 1 or 2 page pitch,
- When you need to write an expression of interest,
- Or when your application has a strict page limit.
Over 700 paragraphs to use in your application - NEW in this edition
- Extracted paragraphs from sections 1 & 2 sorted by competency area.
- Makes it easier to mix and match paragraphs for your own statements.
- The number #1 request from users of our previous 3 editions of this book, and brand new in this updated 4th edition!
Now I know exactly what I should be writing without staring at a
blank computer screen and hoping for success through trial and error.
I wish I had
bought this ebook 12 months earlier because I discovered that I was
selection criteria wrong for a whole year. I can't believe I wasted all
that time and
couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting an interview.
Some of the sentences in your book are genius. I hope you don't mind
me saying that I cut and paste them straight into my application!
Thank you for sending out the selection criteria examples straight
away. Even though your website says I can download them instantly, I
thought I would be waiting at least a day to have them emailed to me. I
actually had them open on my computer within a few minutes which is
great because my application is due on Monday.
Selection Criteria Exposed was the best investment I made all year.
I used your examples to help with my own application and got a
promotion! I'm so happy, thanks.
I have found Selection Criteria Exposed incredibly helpful when
writing my own statements addressing selection criteria. I wasn't
sure what I was supposed to write, but now I know and I am much more
confident with my applications.
I just wanted to let you know that I got an interview for my 'dream
job' after using Selection Criteria Exposed to help me with my
selection criteria. I am sure it's what got me over the line,
because there is no way I would have written an application like that
on my own! I am about to buy Get That Job to help with my interview
You Get All of This:
All of these documents, plus more, combined into one handy PDF that you can have on your computer in less than 10 minutes.
* FREE BONUSES*
Free ebook How To Write Impressive Resumes and Cover Letters
Don't neglect your cover letter or resume by focussing just on your selection criteria!
This free ebook will help you write a strong cover letter and targeted resume that will support your selection criteria statements and give you a powerful government job application.
3 free selection criteria government resume and cover letter MSWord templates
Just fill in the blanks in these cover letter and resume templates. Plus, selection criteria templates that contain selection criteria examples plus step by step guidance for writing your own selection criteria responses.
30 day money back guarantee
People have called us crazy for offering a 30 day money back guarantee on our products, but we still do it because we stand by the quality of our products and only want HAPPY customers.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via the details below, or through the contact page.
How to Buy
Be using your examples in less than 10 minutes!
Our automated system serves you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1. Order your ebook.
2. Check your email
3. Download your publication!
Easy! If you do have any problems, just send us an email and we'll give you a hand.
Normally 49.95 Today $39.95
Please note: This is an electronic publication and you will not receive a hard copy in the mail.
The Selection Criteria That Are Covered:
Please note: A duplicate title means that this is a popular criterion and more than one response has been provided in the book.
The numbers refer to the number of the selection criterion, not the page number.
Selection criteria statements that are either full length (three quarters of a page to a full page) or short selection criteria (with a 250 word limit - indicated by "short response").
Acquire new knowledge / skills
1. Fast learner
1b. Fast learner (short response)
2. Acquire knowledge
2b. Acquire knowledge (short response)
3. Develop skills
3b. Develop skills (short response)
4. Achieve results
4b. Achieve results (short response)
5. Achieve results
6. Achieve results
6b. Achieve results (short response)
7. Achieve results
8. Achieve results
9. Deliver results
9b. Deliver results
10. Achieve outcomes
11. Achieve positive work outcomes (short response)
12. General administraton
13. General administraton
13b. General administraton (short response)
14. Administraton skills
15. Administraton and reception
16. Complex administratve functons
16b. Complex administraton functons (short response)
17. Procedures and systems
17b. Procedures and systems (short response)
18. Procedures and systems
19. Executve secretarial support
21. Keyboard skills
21b. Keyboard skills (short response)
22. Office management (short response)
Analytical skills / attention to detail
23. Analytcal skills
23b. Analytcal skills (short response)
24. Analytcal and conceptual skills
25. Analytcal and conceptual skills (short response)
26. Attenton to detail
27. Attenton to detail
28. Attenton to detail
29. Interpret, organise and use numerical data
30b. Analyse data (short response)
31. Statistical analysis / research
32. Attention to detail
33. Change management
34. Change management
34b. Change management (short response)
35. Communicate with influence
35b. Communicate with influence (short response)
36. Communicate with influence
36b. Communicate with influence
37. Communicate with influence
38. Resolve issues
39. Verbal, written and interpersonal skills
40. Verbal, written and interpersonal skills
40b. Verbal, written and interpersonal skills (short response)
41. Communication and interpersonal skills with client focus
42. Open communication
42b. Open communication (short response)
43. Communicate technical information
44. Produce media materials
45. Produce complex written information
46. Produce information products
47. Prepare reports, policy papers and briefings
47b. Prepare reports, policy papers and briefings (short response)
48. Prepare high-level correspondence and briefings
49. Document research
50. Communicate in a variety of contexts
50b. Communicate in a variety of contexts (short response)
51. Contract management
52. Contract management
53. Customer service skills
53b. Customer service skills (short response)
54. Customer service focus
54b. Customer service focus (short response)
55. Customer service in a challenging environment
56. Phone-based customer service
57. Achieve customer satisfaction
57b. Achieve customer satisfaction (short response)
58. Quality service delivery
59. Achieve sales targets
60. Make complex decisions
60b. Make complex decisions (short response)
61. Make difficult decisions
61b. Make difficult decisions (short response)
62. Decision-making and strategic thinking
64. Experience as a graphic designer
65. Demonstrate experience in graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite 6 to develop concepts and deliver press-ready artwork
66. Undertake engineering design tasks
67. Document engineering design tasks
68. Control engineering projects
69. Undertake engineering tasks (short response)
Occupational Health and Safety / Values
70. Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
70b. Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) (short response)
71. Manage Occupational Health and Safety risks
72. Apply Occupational Health and Safety measures
73. APS values and department values
74. APS values and department values
74b. APS values and department values (short response)
75. An understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity and diversity
76. Code of conduct
76b. Code of conduct (short response)
77. Knowledge of, and commitment to, workplace diversity, Occupational Health and Safety
and consultative work practices
78. Knowledge and understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
79. Knowledge and understanding of Ethnic Affairs Priorities Statements (EAPS)
80. Apply Occupational Health and Safety measures
81. Finance experience
81b. Finance experience
82. Financial business practices and processes
84. Process financial transactions
85. Health service management
86. Mental health services
87b. Nursing (short response)
89. Patient-focused care
89b. Patient-focused care (short response)
90. The ability to manage the workloads of yourself and others in a healthcare setting
91. Psychology registration (short response)
92. Medical administration / reception
93. Generalist Human Resources
94b. Recruitment (short response)
95. Records management
95b. Records management (short response)
96. Electronic file management systems
97. Computer literacy
98. Computer literacy
99. Computer literacy (short response)
100. Word processing and database skills
100b. Word processing and database skills (short response)
101. Word processing and database skills
102. Financial software
103. Write systems specifications
103b. Write systems specifications (short response)
104. IT support
104b. IT support (short response)
105. Maintain and support a network environment
106. WC3 web standards and web technologies including HTML, XHTML and CSS
107. Website development
108. SAP Basis Operations, SAP Transport Mechanisms and SAP in a Microsoft Server environment
109. Database administration
109b. Database administration (short response)
110. Installation, configuration and maintenance of UNIX and Windows operating systems.
111. Cultivate productive working relationships
111b. Cultivate productive working relationships (short response)
112. Cultivate productive working relationships
113. Support and cultivate productive working relationships
114. Support and cultivate productive working relationships
115. Support and cultivate productive working relationships
116. Build strategic partnerships
117. Solid skills in client engagement
118. Collaborate with others
244 118b. Collaborate with others (short response)
119. Manage difficult people
120. Manage relationships
121. Manage relationships
122. Consult at all levels
123. Consult at all levels
123b. Consult at all levels (short response)
124. Work in a joint service environment
Inventory Management / Logistics
125. Inventory management
125b. Inventory management (short response)
126b. Logistics (short response)
127. Legal experience that would allow the incumbent to perform the duties of the role
Legislation, Guidelines AND Compliance
128. Business acumen
128b. Business acumen (short response)
129. Certified agreements
130. Interpret legislation and policy
130b. Interpret legislation and policy (short response)
131. Australian electoral legislation
132. Corporate governance
132b. Corporate governance (short response)
Machinery of Government
133. Local government
134. Commercial acumen
135. Management experience
135b. Management experience (short response)
136. Management experience
137. Leadership capacity
137b. Leadership capacity (short response)
138. Stress management
138b. Stress management (short response)
139. Commercial knowledge (short response)
Marketing and Communications
140. Communications, media and large-scale events
141. Manage media, advertising, internet, printing and merchandise
142. Development, management and implementation of communication advice, strategies and plans
Personal Skills: Integrity, Initiative, Flexibility, Confidentiality, Empathy, Etc.
143. Personal drive and integrity
143b. Personal drive and integrity (short response)
44. Personal drive and integrity
144b. Personal drive and integrity
144c. Personal drive and integrity
145. Display personal drive and integrity
146. Personal drive and integrity
147. Initiative / proactiveness
148. Initiative and flexibility
148b. Initiative and flexibility (short response)
149. Flexibility. Write about a situation when you had to adjust quickly to changes in your organisational or departmental priorities. (Targeted question)
151b. Confidentiality (short response)
152. Continuous improvement
153b. Empathy (short response)
Policy Management / Development
154. Develop policy
154b. Develop policy (short response)
155. Develop policy and procedures
156. Develop policy and provide advice
157. Provide policy advice
157b. Provide policy advice (short response)
159. Develop solutions
159b. Develop solutions (short response)
160. Procurement knowledge
160b. Procurement knowledge (short response)
161. Procurement knowledge
162. Procurement experience
163. Procurement experience
164. Project management experience
164b. Project management experience (short response)
165. Project management experience
166. Manage multiple initiatives
167. Produce project schedules
167b. Produce project schedules (short response)
Risk Management / Quality Assurance
168. Risk management experience
169. Knowledge of risk management
169b. Knowledge of risk management (short response)
170. Quality assurance
170b. Quality assurance (short response)
171. Security planning
172. Social work experience
173. Social work experience (short response)
174. Strategic direction
174b. Strategic direction (short response)
175. Strategic direction
175b. Strategic direction (short response)
175c. Strategic direction
176. Strategic direction
176b. Strategic direction (short response)
177. Strategic thinking
177b. Strategic thinking (short response)
178. Strategic thinking
179. Strategic influencing
179b. Strategic influencing (short response)
180. Strategic planning (to manage risk)
181. Supervise staff
181b. Supervise staff (short response)
182. Supervise staff
183. Plan workloads
183b. Plan workloads (short response)
Teaching / Learning AND Development
184. Teaching experience 185. Teaching experience 186. Teaching K-6 187. Monitor and improve learning 188. Develop training 189. Deliver learning and development programs
190. Work in a team
191. Work in a team
191b. Work in a team (short response)
192. Work in a team or as an individual
192b. Work in a team or as an individual (short response)
194. Work in a team: What are the most important factors when working as part of a team and how do you believe you possess these aTributes? (Targeted question)
195. Planning skills
196. Organisational skills
197. Organisational skills (short response)
198. Organisa tional skills and confidentiality
199. Time management
199b. Time management (short response)
200. Manage priorities
200b. Manage priorities (short response)
Working as an Individual
201. Work as an individual
201b. Work as an individual (short response)
202. Take ownership
203. Work with limited supervision
203b. Work with limited supervision (short response)
This section contains statements in the form of one or two page letters or pitches. They are used where a one or two page limit is imposed, or selection criteria are asked to be addressed in a cover letter. Due to the limitless array of criteria combinations, a template has been included, together with numerous examples.
204. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
205. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
206. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
207. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
208. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
209. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
210. Two-page letter / statement / pitch
211. One-page letter / statement / pitch
212. One-page letter / statement / pitch
213. One-page letter / statement / pitch
214. One-page letter / statement / pitch
215. One-page letter / statement / pitch
216. One-page letter / statement / pitch
This section contains paragraph extracts from the previous two sections of the book, sorted by competency area. This is the best place to find generic sentences and paragraphs that can be used in your application, and tailored to your needs.
Paragraphs – introduction
Acquire new knowledge / skills
Analytical skills / attention to detail
Communication – general
Communication – oral
Communication – written
Communication – communicate with influence
Communication – negotiation / persuasive skills
Customer service / client focus
Occupational Health and Safety
Values / code of conduct
Interpersonal skills / working relationships
Inventory management / logistics
Legislation, guidelines and compliance
Marketing Personal drive and integrity
Confidentiality and empathy
Initiative and continuous improvement
Time management / organisational skills / prioritising
Policy management / development
Risk management / quality assurance
Staff management / supervision
Teaching / learning and development
Working as an individual
That's well OVER 200 examples!